Here’s a bit of news to keep you all up to date on horror happenings until we return with a new episode on 3/25/19…
- Josh Millican reports on Roxanne Benjamin’s NIGHT OF THE COMET remake script being completed and already submitted. The original has long been a favorite of mine, and this film has been one of the first I always mention when the question as been “what horror movie would you remake given the chance?” Now that this can’t be my answer anymore, SILVER BULLET (based on Stephen King’s CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF) has moved into my # 1 spot.
- Behold the trailer for HAGAZUSSA, billed as Germany’s answer to THE WITCH. Bloody Disgusting and Doppelgänger Releasing are teaming to release the film, with a limited theatrical run stating on 4/19/19 before arriving on VOD/DVD/Blu-ray 4/23/19. It looks like it’s dripping with creepiness, dread, and atmosphere. I’m hopeful I can catch a screening in Santa Monica, and will for certain have a review following shortly afterwards if so.
- Deadline reports, ‘Cam’ Filmmakers Isa Mazzei & Daniel Goldhaber are in development with Blumhouse on another female-driven horror thriller. They will also be contributing to the upcoming horror series 50 STATE OF FEAR.
- In a Collider Exclusive, Jeff Sneider reports Stephen King and Peter Straub‘s THE TALISMAN is coming to the big screen. Mike Barker, who’s previously directed episodes of THE HANDMAID’S TALE, FARGO, and BROADCHURCH , is set to direct the adaption.
- Deadline reports CREEP and CREEP 2 director Patrick Brice will helm a new horror film, THERE’S SOMEONE INSIDE YOUR HOUSE, for Netflix. The film based on the New York Times bestselling novel by Stephanie Perkins, and has been described as 80’s and 90’s slasher films meets John Hughes movies.
- Comicbook.com reports the plug has been pulled on SyFy’s adaption of JOHN CARPENTER’S TALES FOR A HALLOWEEN NIGHT series. Producer Sandy King announced the news, saying it became clear SyFy only wanted the property for the title only. The project is now dead, but they’re keeping the door open for a future crack at bringing this to tv.
- Meagan Navarro shares her SXSW review of AMC’s NOS4A2 on Bloody Disgusting. It sounds like premiere hooks you, and makes you hunger for more. NOS4A2 is the series adaption of Joe Hill’s third novel.
- Netflix’s CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA returns for its second season on 4/5/19. Series creator Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa has promised something a little sexier, and a little scarier for part two.
- The three hour NIGHTBREED: THE ULTIMATE CABAL CUT looks like it’s coming right along. I own the theatrical cut, director’s cut, and Cabal cut already, but I will 100% slap down some hard earned cash when this becomes available.
- John Squires of Bloody Disgusting talks about the recent rating climb for THE WALKING DEAD Season 9. The last few weeks have seen a rise in viewership thanks to the arrival of The Whispers. With us finally getting a good look at Ryan Hurst as Beta last episode I think this trend may continue over the last three episodes of the season.
- Finally, check out the schedule for SyFy’s LEPRECHAUN St. Paddy’s Day marathon. 2018’s LEPRECHAUN RETURNS will make its television debut at 9:00 p.m. EST.
See you all again in a little over two weeks. As of now we plan to bring you a “Trivial Pursuit- Horror Edition: Round 2” episode, once again pitting the three of against each other with our horror knowledge on the 25th.