Howdy, Fright Fans! Chris here, taking up the news duties for Joe this week as we try to keep you all up to speed on what transpired in the world of horror entertainment this past week. Our next recording will be the second half of our STRANGER THINGS 2 recap, so we will be lacking in time to discuss the bulk of these items. Please check them out at your own pace. Thanks for reading us as well as the sites we pull our news from!
- Ridley Scott’s The Terror will be making its long-awaited premiere March 26th on AMC. Mark your calendar for this one!
- Disney made waves this week in acquiring a pretty big chunk of 21st Century Fox. So what could this mean for some of our favorite franchises beyond the Marvel characters? What may be the fate of the ALIEN films in the future?
- Mike Flanagan’s long shelved BEFORE I WAKE will be getting a Netflix release in January 2018.
- The latest trailer for Insidious: The Last Key was released during the mid-season finale for The Walking Dead last Sunday.
- Speaking of The Walking Dead, ratings ratings remain concerningly low through the mid-season finale that left a character with a doomed fate. And if you were like me and trying to sort out how/when this happened in the story, here’s a link to the clip of when it probably happened. ***SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE MID-SEASON FINALE YET.***
- In the realm of “Wait, what??” casting news, rock legend Alice Cooper will play King Herod in a live broadcast performance of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR next Easter on NBC. After having seen him twice in concert, twenty years between shows, I will be curious to see if the other cast members can keep up with him!
- And finally, it’s only fitting to wrap up with some STRANGER THINGS news.
The good news: Many of the cast were recognized by their peers and received SAG award nominations! The not-so-good news: We may be waiting until 2019 for STRANGER THINGS 3.